Thursday 24 November 2011

The Vintage Bunting Company

The Vintage Bunting Company was established in September 2011. My brother's wedding to his beautiful wife Brooke was the starting point. When Brooke approached me and asked if I could make some bunting for their vintage themed wedding, my crafty enthusiasm jumped with joy and I full heartedly involved myself in this mammoth task. The tradition of needlework has been in our family for generations, with many of our ancestors being skilled tailoresses and embroiderers. We are also a family of great hoarders (mainly my mother), and have consequently amassed a huge collection of materials and clothing, with some dating back to between the Wars (Great Grandma's apron!).

Many hours of ironing, pinning, cutting, ironing,
sewing, ironing , pinning to the ribbon and finally sewing...
Many months of hard labour later there are now have 200 metres of this unique bunting available for hire, which is more than adequate for most wedding marquees and small events.

My brothers wedding was a huge success and everyone commented on the beautiful bunting.
I have decided to create this blog to post ideas and comments about all matters of crafty things. I'm also a keen photographer, so i may post some pretty photos on here too... the possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy reading my posts :)

The Bunting in the marquee

The lovely Bride and Groom







No comments:

Post a Comment